World Bank Scholarship Program -Fully Funded
The Joint Japan World Bank Scholarship is an opportunity for individuals from developing countries to study in top countries. The scholarship program is offered for students who have gained a bachelor’s degree and want to pursue a master’s degree program. This fully-funded master’s scholarship program aims to help international students with two years or more experience in the development sector and look forward to earning a graduate or master’s degree in a program related to development. It is an opportunity for students who wish to study abroad to widen their horizons but cannot afford to do so without external funding and financial support.
Applicants must be accepted to one of the 48 programs in the United States of America, Japan, Africa, various countries in Europe, and Oceania in order to be selected for the World Bank Scholarship Program. If the applicants do not receive an offer of admittance to any of the eligible graduate programs, they are not qualified for the Joint Japan World Bank Scholarship Program. After completing a two-year graduate degree program, the applicants will return to their respective countries, using their education and acquired skills through the scholar program and help their country develop economically and socially. Applicants must be passionate and motivated to contribute their efforts to uplift their communities and make positive changes in the world in general.
Joint Japan World Bank Scholarship Program 2023:
- United States of America
Join Our Telegram Group if You not Joined it Already
Avail the most amazing opportunity UNSW Graduate Scholarships 2023 in Australia
- World Bank Group
- Master’s level.
Duration of JJWBGSP Scholarships Program 2023:
- 2 years
Are you ready to apply for the JJWBGS? Hurry up and start application process. The scholarship is fully funded, covering all expenses related to studying abroad. Opportunities Circle has listed the benefits below.
Benefits of the Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program:
- Opportunity to study abroad and gain knowledge in the field of your interest.
- The scholarship will cover the economy class air travel cost.
- $500 will be provided as a travel allowance for each trip.
- In addition, full tuition fee coverage.
- The scholarship will also cover the medical insurance of scholarship recipients.
- Lastly, a monthly allowance will be provided to cover accommodation, food and book costs.
Eligibility Criteria of Joint Japan World Bank Scholarship Program:
- National of world bank listed countries.
- Not a dual-country citizen of a developed country.
- Not an employee of any of the organizations under the World Bank group.
- Not a close relative by blood of any of the employees working in any of the World Bank Group’s organizations.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have spent three years after getting Bachelor’s degree
- Have three years of work experience after getting Bachelor’s degree.
Programs Offered for JJWBGSP
Application Window 1:
- Master of Public Health (John Hopkins)
- MSv Conflict, State Building and Development (Univeristy of Birmingham)
- Master of Development Practice (University of California-Berkeley)
- Master of Urban Design (University of Hong Kong)
- Educational Policy Studies (University of Wisconsin-Madison)
- Health Systems Policy and Management (Vrije Universiteite)
Application Window 2:
- Master of Climate Change (Australian National Unievrsity, ANU)
- Environmental and Resources Economics (ANU)
- Public Policy (ANU)
- Arts in Conflict Resolution and Coexistence (Brandeis University)
- Global Health Policy and Management (Brandeis University)
- MPA in Development Practice (Columbia – School of International and Public Affairs)
- public administration (Columbia – School of International and Public Affairs)
- Master of Urban Management and Development (Erasmus University Rotterdam)
- Public Administration in International Development (Harvard – Kennedy School of Government)
- MSc in Water and Sustainable Development — Water, Food and Energy Track (IHE Delft Institute)
- Water Hazards, Risks and Climate Track (IHE Delft Institute)
- MSc in Water and Sustainable Development — Water and Health Track (IHE Delft Institute)
- Water Resources and Ecosystem Health Track (IHE Delft Institute)
- Taxation Policy and Management (Keio University)
- MSc Development Management (London School of Economics)
- MSc Development Studies (London School of Economics)
- International Social and Public Policy
- MSc Global Health Policy (London School of Economics)
- Tax Course of the Public Finance Program (GRIPS)
- Civil and Environmental Engineering (Saitama University)
- MSc International Finance and Development (SOAS University of London)
- Master in International Policy (Stanford University)
- Master in Economic Policy Management (Université Clermont-Auvergne – FERDI)
- Master of Public Health (University of Leeds)
- Master of Public Policy (University of Oxford)
- MSc in Refugees and Forced Migration Studies (University of Oxford)
- MA Environment, Development and Policy (University of Sussex)
- MA Food and Development (University of Sussex)
- MSc Climate Change, Development and Policy (University of Sussex)
- MA Migration and Global Development (University of Sussex)
- Master of Public Policy, International Program (University of Tokyo)
- International Program on Agricultural Development Studies (University of Tokyo)
- Master’s Program in Economic and Public Policy (University of Tsukuba)
- Infrastructure Management Program (Yokohama National University)
Eligible Countries JJWBGSP Scholarship in 2023:
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- The central African Republic
- Congo, Dem. Rep.
- Congo, Rep.
- Cote d’Ivoire
- The Gambia, The
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Fed. Sts.
- Papua New Guinea
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Sudan
- St. Lucia
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines
- The Syrian Arab Republic
- Venezuela, RB
- West Bank and Gaza
- Yemen, Rep.
Selection Criteria for the Joint Japan World Bank Scholarships 2023:
- Firstly, two qualified assessors will assess on the basis of the quality of professional experience (30% weightage), quality of professional recommendations (30% weightage), Quality of commitment to your home country (30% weightage), and quality of educational background (10% weightage)
- Secondly, the Secretariat of the program reviews the assessment of two assessors on the following criteria including reasonable distribution of awards with regards to geography and gender, the applicants with having limited financial resources and struggling circumstances of students.
Documents Required for the Joint Japan World Bank Scholarship 2023:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma.
- Document pertaining to the years of work experience.
- Letter of Admission.
- Two recommendation letters.
- One completed application form.
- Medical certificate.
- Valid Passport or another identification card
How to Apply for Joint Japan World Bank Scholarship Program 2023?
- The application process for the Joint Japan World Bank Scholarship Program is online.
- Applicants can apply for the scholarship through the World Bank official website or by clicking apply now button below.
- Upload all the required documents.
- Two reference letters from the referees who know the applicant’s work experience are required.
- Applicants must make sure to fill in the application carefully and submit it before the deadline.
- The JJ/WBSP application deadline for window 1 is 28 February 2023 (noon at Washington time).
- The deadline for the Joint Japan World Bank Scholarship program application window 2 is 26 May 2023 (noon Washington time).
- The applications for the second window will start on 27 March 2023.